Sunday 26 September 2010

Only In The Suburbs

Normally my Sunday morning starts around 6am - unintended - due to the arrival of the cleaning crew that services the office next door to my bedroom. No so, today, but I don't consider myself lucky.

Oh, no. Today, my day started pretty much on the dot of 10am - a nice enough lie in, to be sure - and to the sound of a demonstration. Much shouting and chanting from up the road and, when I'd bustled myself out of bed and drawn back the curtain, I saw the tail end of a long procession of people, some of whom wearing sandwich boards, heading on down the road.

Only it wasn't a demonstration...

Weirdly, it was a bunch of people dressed in Domino's Pizza livery, advertising their September Specials.

Unless, of course, Domino's decided to stage this procession on exactly the same turf and at exactly the same time as an actual demonstration.

But, then, what could the protest have been about, and where did it end up?

No comments: