Monday 4 May 2009

Shopping... of the nonessential variety

Today's trip uptown went rather well, all told. While I didn't get the bulk of the movies I was after on DVD - having recently developed a hankering for more of the Billy Wilder stuff I saw at the National Film Theatre some time ago - I did manage to pick up Resident Evil: Degeneration, the CGI movie spin-off which I couldn't find while I was out yesterday, and the original colours version of TransFormers Animated Ultra Magnus. The shades of blue look far more impressive than the garish 'Roadbuster' version that is the only official UK release that figure will see. Seems like a good, solid figure, so I wasn't too fussed at paying the usual Forbidden Planet premium.

While I was there, I also picked up the Endymion Omnibus, to follow on from the Hyperion Omnibus, which I finished reading a couple of months back. While Hyperion had quite a satisfactory ending in itself, I figured it'd be worth revisiting that universe, to see how it all carries on.

I also had lunch uptown, with my old mate Paul, catching up with further details on how his job is going now the buyout of another company is more or less complete. Thankfully, things seem quite stable.

Not much else to report, I guess... Back to work tomorrow, with my next deadline on Friday.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: