Thursday 12 September 2013

Raising The Roof

Or perhaps that should be 'razing'..?

Considering the sudden and severe change in the weather over the last week or so, I can only find it darkly amusing that, having waited in for almost two whole days - during which I could have been doing other things - a pair of builders arrived on my doorstep a few minutes ago, all casual like, to finally fix the position of the tarpaulin over my roof, according to my instruction. This is the move they should have done weeks ago but, for no obvious reason, never actually happened. At least this time, one of them took a photo of the correct positioning so, if it does get blown out of position again, they know where it's actually supposed to go back.

Of course, now they've been and gone, and following a couple of days of nasty rain, the sun has come out and it's actually quite warm out.

In other news, my Managing Agents have an agreement from the landlord that, once the service charges are fully paid up, work can commence on replacing the roof. And, hey, all it took was threats of legal action from me (which I still fully intend to pursue) and an ultimatum from the managing agents that either he let them do their job or they'd fire him as a client.

Not exactly the best time of year for replacing a roof now but, hell, I'll take it.

No comments: