Monday 22 February 2010

Sad News

While talking to my mother earlier this evening, I learned that my great aunt died recently - about two weeks ago, we think.

We're not sure because various family members had been trying to contact her over the last couple of weeks, with no response. One relative popped round, and found her at home, dead. It was supposedly clear that she'd been dead for some time, but an autopsy is necessary as there is some mystery surrounding the circumstances. She was old, but not obviously at death's door.

Making matter worse, attempts have been made to contact her cousin - of a similar age - but she's not at her last known address, and the person running the place only started recently, and has no knowledge of her. We're attempting to track her down...

I hardly knew my great aunt - only remember seeing her briefly around Christmas time - but this death is far more upsetting than that of my grandmother last year. The circumstances are bad enough on their own, but she'd been living alone for quite some time having lost her husband a few years ago.

This leaves my other grandmother - my mother's mother - and I'm not sure how we're going to go about telling her, considering she has Alzheimer's...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: