Thursday 18 June 2009

Pretty Skies This Evening...

DSC01343.JPG DSC01344.JPG DSC01345.JPG DSC01346.JPG DSC01347.JPG DSC01348.JPG

Taken a short while ago from my lounge window...

After a long chat with my sister last night, I had resolved to do some drawing today. I didn't manage that, but I guess these go some way to making up for that.

With any luck, I might be able to do some drawing tomorrow but, to be honest, I don't hold out that much hope... I'm in the "I don't know what to draw" phase, so I probably won't even go near my sketchpad and pencils.

That, and my mother phoned today to let me know she was going to Ikea, then that she was at Ikea, sorting out replacement doors for my display cabinets. It seems the kind that are on my existing cabinets are of a style no longer available... so the replacement doors and those for the new cabinet(!) will be subtly different. No real problem, as the cabinet with the broken door has the CD rack between it and the next cabinet, so continuity is not an issue... and the new cabinet(!) - the fourth(!!) - will be against another wall entirely anyway.

Once they had been ordered, delivery was organised for this evening, but my mother forgot to mention to them that my entryphone didn't seem to be working. No matter... it turned out when Ikea arrived (in an unmarked people mover) that the entryphone is working just fine. The driver sent me a text to say he was outside, and I called him straight back to suggest he might be at the wrong address, considering I didn't see an Ikea van, and also to warn him about the possible entryphone problem but, as I was on the phone to him, he rang the doorbell. I said I'd give it a try but, if it didn't work, I'd be down in a moment... by the time I got down there, he'd jammed the door open with a wedge of paper, and was preparing to unload.

I helped him upstairs with everything, paid him off, and that was that. My folks are popping round tomorrow to help me build it, and to fix it to the wall.

Today was, in that respect, a far more constructive one than I'd originally thought.

My boss called on her way out of the office - at about 7.45 - complaining bitterly that the last 45 minutes were an utter waste, because the two (relatively new) salespeople working on today's magazine were lacking significant points their training. They hadn't checked through any of the proofs, nor crosschecked the flatplan against the sales database... and the magazine manager who was supposed to be keeping an eye on them had barely been into the office.

As a safeguard, my next magazine has been put back to Tuesday. Any other week, and that might worry me... Then again, I don't believe I've seen the editorial list for my next Friday magazine... And it went so smoothly last month... with the Editor on holiday...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: