Monday 30 March 2009

Offline Blog #3

Who'd have thought that, having apologised for his stupid behaviour on Friday, the Commercial Manager would spend the weekend brooding, and try a whole new attack on Monday morning?

Well... I have to admit that I didn't predict it... but equally, it doesn't surprise me. He's really losing his grip, and I suspect he'll lose his job if things carry on the way they are at the moment.

He apparently started off with the same complaint - that I'd 'walked out', and that he hadn't signed off the magazine when I left, so it shouldn't have gone to the Printers. My boss pointed out that, since this all happened the day after press, I was under no obligation to stay past 5.30 and that surely he should have signed everything off the day before... it had been Press Day, after all.

Even the MD tried to jump to my defence, I hear... by my boss got there ahead of him and cut him off.

By the time I'd arrived, however, it was all over... My boss had sent the replacement final page, and all was well. Except that this particular Commercial Manager has pushed it too far (again) and is never getting any favours ever again (again). I pointed out to my boss that this is not the first time she's said that. She suggested I remind her of this next time he asks for a favour, and I replied that I always do, and that she always responds by saying "this isn't a favour".

We shall see.

Press Day for my next magazine ended up being staggered into tomorrow. There's only a page worth of space left (coincidentally, Thursday's magazine went to press with a page worth of fillers), so that shouldn't be too difficult to fill. Everything bar the last few pages is uploaded, and everything bar one section has been signed off. Hopefully tomorrow shouldn't be too much of a struggle, but the Salespeople are rather put out that they have to return to our office. If they're sensible, they'll make damned sure they're finished by noon.

Once that's out of the way, I'll have some breathing room to work on the web ads... They're all due to go online on Wednesday, so it'd be nice to make some headway on them.

No comments: