Wednesday 18 March 2009

Great Scott! Progress?

Dunno what happened today, but I actually dealt with some of the nagging tasks that have thusfar prevented me from biting the bullet and moving into my flat.

Actually, most of what I did today has nothing to do with that.

I have:
  • Set up a direct debit for my water bill
  • Arranged for the transfer of my phone to the flat (new number as it's a different exchange)
  • Started the process of switching my broadband to the new number
  • Informed the local council that they can start to send correspondence to the flat
  • Filled out the form which should give me a 25% discount on my Council Tax bill because I'm the sole occupant.
I'm sure there was something else I needed to do, but I can't remember what.

So, naturally, it'll bite me in the arse in a few days.

In other news, while my writing seems to have ground to a halt today, ideas have occurred to me on a project that's been dormant in my mind since... *pause for dramatic effect* ...1993.

16 years, nothing. Not a single thought about it.

It was a videogame 'design', owing much to my love of point'n'click adventures, intended for a little-known British-made home computer. I have come to suspect that part of the reason for lack of progress was that the format of the game was wrong.

Well, that, and the fact that I never really figured out what the story was... which can't have helped.

Now, I have ideas. Vague and derivative though they may be, they seem to fit. Many of the blanks I had 16 years ago have been filled. Not all of them, but it's a start. Perhaps life experience has played a part... perhaps it's the hours I've spent watching videogame walkthroughs and pondering their stories... But I can certainly say that my muse has paid a visit.

There's more of a story, a more sensible setting and structure, and a selection of more active characters who are occasionally gracing me with insights into their characters and motivations.

Of course, the machine the game was intended for would not currently be capable of running it... but that's being worked on too.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: