Tuesday 23 October 2007

Sideswiped

It had to happen sooner or later... Since I picked up BotCon 2003 Sunstreaker some time ago, I had a strange yearning for his brother Sideswipe. Supposedly they turn up on eBay quite regularly but it wasn't until last month that I actually saw one for myself.

Naturally, I had to have it.

It arrived today, some 20 days after being posted (thanks, Royal Mail, you really shot yourselves in the feet with those two strikes, and I wouldn't be surprised if you start losing a whole lot of business because of them), all nicely wrapped up and waiting to be set free.

It actually looks damned good... In some ways, I regret recently picking up the second release of RiD Prowl to feed my RiD Lamborghini fetish. With both Sideswipe and Sunstreaker (TransFormers' only true 'Car Brothers'), I've rounded off that part of my collection on a real high note.

And, no, I'm not going to cave in and go looking for the other pair of BotCon 2003 cars, Shadow Striker and Roulette. Frankly, I find their remolded heads disturbing.

No comments: