Sunday 21 October 2007

One of these days...

...I'll learn not to touch the lens on my camera.

It seems very likely that the problem I had earlier with anything in the top/right of a photo being lighter than the rest was entirely down to a fingerprint occupying much of that area. Now that it's wiped away, the images are nice and clean again. Shame I didn't think to check earlier, but I didn't know I'd touched the lens.

Oh well.

In what little daylight remained before the afternoon became the evening, I snapped another few shots of Movie Leader Prime, Voyager Ironhide and Deluxe 08 Bumblebee, individually, to turn into 3D images. Worked reasonably well, though not as well as it might if they'd had a background of some kind to give them context. I ended up doing two versions of each - one where the 3D midpoint was at the waist, and one where it's the head. Interesting difference it makes...

At this point in the year, it seems that the light is good enough for photography between about 8/9 am and about noon, then again from about 2 to 4pm. Between those two slots, I have too much direct light casting shadows.

Kinda wish I'd done more of this earlier in the week, but the weather really wasn't up to it, and only cleared up on Thursday.

Back to work tomorrow... Shouldn't be too bad... depends on whether or not I have to lay down the law with the editor.

No comments: