Sunday 12 July 2009

We Are An Uncle

This is going to sound really crap, but I can't remember which day my niece was born on... I think it was Thursday... I know for certain that it happened at 7.38am but, true to form, I can't remember her birthday.

In other news, since I haven't updated in a while, the Swine Flu epidemic has hit at work, leading to some serious staff problems. Our normal, run-of-the-mill crazy went up several notches as my boss took over copy-controlling most of the magazines all at once. Strangely, she's done better than the regular copy controllers... but not without getting crushed by stress during the week, and working over the weekends.

I've been spending some spare time photographing my TransFormers collection as I restock my shelves. I've done almost all of Galaxy Force (Primus still to come - boxed and awaiting transport from my parents' house), and have nibbled away at most other lines in my collection, including some of the Collectors' Club exclusives.

My new sofabed arrived, and it's pretty fantastic... It has a kind of faux suede finish, and is a nice, neutral grey, so it doesn't clash with anything. While my father was over, helping with the setup, I got him to put up one of the picture hooks, so the painting I bought a couple of years ago from one of my erstwhile colleagues is now hanging in my lounge. This basically completes the lounge, bar replacing the computer desk (possibly... the one I have is just the right size, it's just not the best choice of colour) and the corner shelves to be mounted over the TV.

The flat still isn't quite done though - I need some more storage in the bedroom (and to do something about the harsh echo... too many hard surfaces!), and the bathroom could do with plenty of work... but that may need to wait. While my folks offered to furnish the flat for me, I've been getting the impression (particularly with the new kitchen and the new lounge carpet) that they perhaps weren't expecting to be paying for all of it.

Tomorrow, I'll be meeting up with my folks to go looking into curtain rails.

I cannot think of anything more tedious or trivial, to be honest... I just want something basic, that'll hold up curtains... and something to hold the curtains in place when they're open (if the windows are open and there's a wind, the curtains not only blow around, but try to close themselves).

Oh well. We shall see what we shall see.

As of next Saturday, I will have been a homeowner for one year.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: