Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Passing of Time

It occurs to me to note, in an abstract yet timely fashion, that time passes differently for me these days.

Time was, New Year actually meant something, a kind of fresh start, the opportunity to do something different, make resolutions, etc.

Now, as I sit here - still quite awake - I'm thinking that tomorrow will just be another day like today. Another day in the sequence of days that make up my life. The only difference between them is that tomorrow will be marked by the year 2009.

Certainly I'll be aiming to make some fresh starts, do things differently, and make resolutions (chief amongst them being to move into my damned flat), but other than that Life Goes On.

Happy New Year, all the same.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: