Friday 16 August 2013

Not That Anyone Will Notice At This Point...

...But I'm likely to be away from this blog for a week, due to another Great Family Exodus, like the one to Wales in November last year.

I'll be taking a notebook but, based on last year, I probably won't publish any of my scrawlings here. That said, the weather will supposedly be better, and we're heading toward the south coast, so perhaps there will be more pleasant stuff to write about.

The outward journey has me worried, since we weren't able to reserve seating. Supposedly there are seats available, they just closed reservations before we'd bought our tickets. Serves us right for taking so long to arrange it all, I guess. And, hey, on the upside, my stomach isn't turning somersaults anymore... I seem to have been clear of that problem for almost a full month now.

I've had three days' work this week, back with my most frequent and consistent employer, just ensuring that a report by one of their new departments got pushed through as far as possible while one of the Production team was on holiday. It was actually pretty good fun and, obviously, any increase to my bank balance is welcome at this point. One strange bit of news is that the magazine they canned last year - leading to the (temporary) end of my employment there - is being resurrected. Having been digital-only for the best part of a year, their print commitment is being extended from the three 'specials' to a full monthly magazine... though, since the member of staff who was on holiday was the one who handles that title, no-one was quite sure whether that meant two completely different magazines, or the same editorial content but different advertising. My guess is that it'll be the latter... It's no great surprise, except that it's taken them so long to do it.

Earlier this week, I had a very strange dream that involved, at one point, a kind of dance-off in Leicester Square (at least, that's what the location sort-of looked like - dream geography tends to be sketchy at best). I'm not sure if my opponent was just some random passer-by or someone I was supposed to know, but we were both doing 'The Robot'. Strange choice, but that's my subconscious for you.

Had dinner with a couple of friends earlier in the week, and probably learned more about one of them in that evening than I had during about five years of working with her... Specific to dating, since I'd been updating her on my wonderful change of circumstances, but interesting and very surprising.

While this personal blog of mine is the only one I use here, I do have several other blog projects on the go, including one very new addition. That could explain why this blog seems to be falling by the wayside - at least, so far, 2013 has the fewest posts in the long history of //ƒuƶƶy[løgic]. That, and there's just so much more going on in my life that I don't especially want to record here. While this is a personal blog, there is such a thing as 'too much information'.

On that note, about a week after I get back from this family holiday, I'll be heading back for another weekend visit to my girlfriend before she returns to London during September. Honestly, I'm more looking forward to that than this week-long family holiday...

No comments: