Monday 30 April 2012

The Definition of Frustrating...

...Is finally managing to write a page or two of passable prose on a story that you've been trying to figure out for months, only to wake up and realise you didn't really write it, you only dreamt it.

I mean, seriously? That's just my subconscious fucking with me now. It's hardly fair, especially since I forgot almost all of it pretty much as soon as I woke up. Forget about that Dragon dictation software, I need something that transfers my dreams to a Word document.

So... in other news... I was going to ramble on about more of the movies I saw at the weekend - most specifically A Perfect Getaway - but I've left it late again and... I've got some work tomorrow. Two days of paid work, in fact. One of my regulars has someone off sick, so I'm doing some emergency cover. New office, longer journey, but the money's still good...

I was also going to mention Pandora's Tower some more... it's a very interesting game, but has some very irritating boss fights. The master of the third tower is a real bugger, though I didn't need the interwebs to tell me how to beat him - I actually figured it out for myself (well, with the help of information picked up along the way), so I'm quite proud of that. Now that I have a better grasp of the mechanics of the game, and the somewhat lateral thinking one must employ, it's easier to get things done... but it seems that you can only feed beast flesh to your vegetarian companion once a day and get her transformation reset... any more than that, and she gets no benefits.

Got a fair bit done today, though not as much as I'd been hoping. No writing - thanks largely to that bloody dream - and only a tiny bit of arty stuff, none of which I'm entirely happy with.

The rain stayed away all day, but has started up again a while ago. Shame, considering how bright and warm it was earlier...

No comments: