Monday 6 August 2012

Interview Technique

Well, the interview today was rather more formal than I've ever had before - actual questions and answers, much like the kind of thing I was warned about in the employment workshops I attended in Harrow earlier in the year. All the worst imaginable questions - why do you want to work here, give us some examples of x, how would you deal with y, etc. - presented as a basic list... and the funniest thing was that the two people interviewing me seemed as uncomfortable with the procedure as I was.

I'm honestly not sure how it went... there were positive elements - when some of my responses elicited something approaching a conversation, however briefly, before the next question - and there were negative elements - mainly when I was unable to remember specifics for some of the questions. It's also quite possible that they won't be too keen to offer me a role that's significantly more junior than anything I've done in years... but I did tell them I'm proud of my work, not my job title, and the fact that I'm available immediately must surely count in my favour.

Of the two (monthly!) titles they said I'd be working on, at least one is quite high-profile... which could be fun. Of the magazines in their portfolio, neither is one I'd choose... but beggars can't be choosers, as the old saying goes.

In other news, I may well be very near the end of Xenoblade Chronicles... Mechonis is moving, and it looks as though I'm about to enter the final area... That said, some of what I've read about the game only happens after this area is cleared, so perhaps I'm not quite so near the end as I thought... Whatever happens, I'm quite looking forward to getting to the end, not least because it'll bring my total of completed Wii games up to eight (or ten, if I include the two - ridiculously easy - Gunblade games). Woot!

Not quite sure what I'll focus on next... I may try to get into The Last Story again, or spend some more time in Pandora's Tower, or get spooky with Project Zero 2... or go back to something even older. Who knows?

No comments: