Friday 16 December 2011

Busy Little Bee

Not wanting to sound smug here, but I'm officially proud of myself for getting so much done this week.

Mind you, this is more 'catching up on old shit' than it is simply 'getting shit done'... And, in real terms, this is just one more thing added to my holding pattern of work that I can't really do anything with just yet.

Soon, though.

Hopefully.

But it's nice to get some sketching done so efficiently... After months of barely picking up my sketch book (other than to move it around), I've been able to put pencil to paper and come up with something really rather cool... And I have a couple of other ideas waiting to be worked on... And once I've done them, maybe I'll see how I get on with some of the myriad writing projects I've been neglecting. Some short stories would be cool.

And, tomorrow, I shall be heading over to my folks' place in the afternoon. The plan is to make my lime pie over there, so I can share it out more easily and get some feedback other than my own. It's a strange recipe, to be sure and, while the buzz of having picked up all the ingredients is more or less gone now (already!), I'm still looking forward to actually putting it all together.

Of course, I'll need to dash out in the morning to pick up a lime to grate for zest... but that's just one more thing in the list of things I should have done today, and would have done today were it not for getting the other things done far more quickly and smoothly than I had any right to expect.

Let's hope my pie goes down as well...

Oh, and the weather reports were right - there was a little snow this morning. Not sure when it started, as I was almost certainly asleep, but it was fluttering down when I got out of bed. There was too much rain still on the ground for any of the snow to settle - in fact, I'm surprised it was snow at all, considering it's still comparatively warm for the time of year - so, by the afternoon, it just looked as if it had been raining... but the skies by then were clearing up.

No comments: