Tuesday 22 February 2011

Unwelcome Movements

Got woken up today by my stomach going into revolt (comparisons to certain areas in the Middle East would be distasteful, I suspect). Initially just felt nauseous, but that passed quite quickly once I'd had a sip of water.

I shan't go into what else passed quickly.

Yeah.

I'm still not feeling quite right, but at least I have been able to leave my seat in the bathroom, and have felt no need to return for a good few hours now. In fact, once the worst was over, I was able to go back to sleep, so I actually haven't been out of bed for very long at this point.

Naturally I'm intending to drink lots of fluids, and eat later... perhaps starting with some Miso soup, just to keep things light.

I was supposed to be going out to dinner tonight - to the 'regular, monthly dinner club' which started last month and has already started hitting rocky patches in the river of real life. Kind of funny that, after the first last month, I felt that I didn't want to go to another... and now, having decided I do want to keep going, I'll be missing the second through being unwell.

On the upside, at least I can try to get a few things done... though, considering what a grim day it is, and that I'm not feeling well, I probably won't actually get anything done.

No comments: