Tuesday 23 April 2013

Round 3

Just a quickie update on the ant situation, since having had to use that spray again seems to have given me a headache... Not the best of days, and it was capped off with about a dozen ant corpses littering my kitchen worktop. There are bits of kitchen equipment with are probably no longer entirely safe to use because I had to start spraying before moving them about, and I've just spent quite a while wiping over the worktops in the corner under the cabinets where they first appeared.

They seem to have come in - this time - via some holes in a bit of cosmetic tiling that covers some of the unsightly pipework from my boiler. Thankfully, I was able to aim the spray behind this panel, so I'm hoping that's another entrance they won't want to use again... but I'm still at a loss as to how they're actually getting in... unless it's from another flat.

If I see too many more ants, I may just call in a professional to scout around... As my mother pointed out, it's kind of unusual for ants to be 'visiting' a top floor flat.

Also, while I think of it, following on from my comment at the end of my last post about possibly not getting a good night's sleep, my fears were not realised. I slept well enough, though one of my dreams was a little odd and featured my erstwhile cyberstalker.

No comments: