Tuesday 15 November 2011

Skyward Ho? ...Um, No...

There's something very wrong with distribution if a new game for the Wii - basically on its last legs as far as third-party releases go - for which preorders have been open for more than a month, is sold out the day after its release.

Unless the shops only ordered enough to cover preorders plus a few extras to put on the shelves, of course.

I refer, as you may have inferred from the title, to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword... released in the UK yesterday, and not to be found anywhere in Harrow. Perhaps I should have headed to Uxbridge...

Then again, my whole 'shopping trip' today was notable by its lack of any actual shopping. Before looking for the game, I paid a visit on Harrow's large Tesco, to see if they carried anything useful in the Wright's Baking line, but all they seemed to have were bread mixes (Plain White and Ciabatta), none of the cake mixes. On the way back, I dropped in on South Harrow's Waitrose and was disappointed to find their selection was as limited as the Ruislip branch.

I could have walked down to South Harrow's Sainsburys, but my previous experience of that shop is that they have a very wide range of different products, but a similarly woefully small range within each product group, so I probably made the right call in coming home, disappointed as I was.

At the station, I even considered going on to Uxbridge, since they have a larger HMV, along with branches of Game, GameStation and Computer Exchange... but I didn't feel like paying the fare out and back again on the off-chance. There's a very strong likelihood I'll be heading out that way sometime soon anyway, and it gives everyone the chance to restock on the new Zelda game...

...And me, the chance to play a bit further in Twilight Princess before starting the new game...

No comments: