Tuesday 27 July 2010

I wonder what it says about me...

...That part of my last night's dream involved waking up in my own bed (after a weird dream-within-the-dream, thank you so much Mr. Nolan), going into my own bathroom to get ready for work, and finding that the shower had been replaced... by a pair of cats.

The cats were searching for something.

Perhaps the shower.

I'm just glad there wasn't anything about my teeth falling out...

My boss today took me and my counterpart from the other team to lunch, aiming for the Fulham branch of the wonderous Bodeans but, finding it closed until the evening, ending up in the small Vietnamese restaurant opposite. We spoke almost fondly of the 'characters' (read: nutcases, morons, bullshitters) we'd worked with over the years - evidence of a growing sense of nostalgia for the times when it all seemed so certain that things would probably always keep ticking on, long before the idea of redundancies came up - and concluding that, in many ways, it was probably good that it was all over... Or, at least, that it will be in 6 months.

There are many other opportunities out there... our current employers simply do not deserve the team they have in London.

I saw the results of the exit interview of a recent departure, who took the opportunity to talk shit about our boss (bad people skills? Hardly. Bad moron skills, maybe. Low tolerance for ineptitude and laziness, certainly), and complain about the lack of training... If her training was in any way lacking it was because she was trained by a friend who didn't take the job seriously. Her training was not lacking, however. What was lacking was any common sense, and any desire to make an effort for anyone other than herself.

No comments: