Wednesday 9 June 2010

Intrigue

Well, it seems my paymasters are not merely stupid, but paranoid as well. Emails from, or pertaining to our recently-departed MD are being screened and/or blocked through fear that he will be poaching our Salespeople for his new job.

Of course the suggestion that we should be glad to rid of most of them hasn't occurred to anyone.

Furthermore, the next meeting about the proposed redundancies has been postponed while the Accountants verify the figures that made the proposal look so darned good in the first place.

My, how I laughed.

Oddly enough, for the first time in quite a while, I have plans for the weekend. Both days. On Saturday, I'm hoping to go off to south London for a day out (possibly in the sun), while Sunday will involve a trip to the cinema, and probably a bit of shopping... And then I'll be visiting my sister at the beginning of my week off.

After that, I'll just be lazing around at home, of course... but that's what Birthday weeks off work are for, gosh darn it!

No comments: