Thursday 22 November 2007

New, new, new!

During my two days off work, it occurred to me that if sitting on my chair while at the computer was making my legs and back ache in a vaguely similar way to when I sit on the end of my bed, then there was almost certainly something wrong with my chair.

It further occurred to me that, compared to my office chair, my home chair was rather low.

Unfortunately, the screw that was the sole means of adjustment was well and truly stuck in position, and any attempt at moving it resulted only in mangled plastic. Not even a liberal application of WD-40 had any effect.

So, almost on a whim this evening, my boss whisked me off to Ikea on the drive home. She was after a frame for the leaving gift for one of our staff and, of course, they had a goodly selection of chairs. I opted for the £16.99 Svenning, with its fancy pneumatic height adjustment. I am sitting on it as I write, and I am comfortable. Hurrah.

Also, when I arrived home with flat-packed Svenning in hand, there was a small surprise waiting for me, in the form of Beast Wars Rattrap - won recently in an eBay auction after losing out on about three previous auctions. Hurrah again. He's rather cute, utilises an early - but no less clever - form of the movie line's 'Automorph' gimmick (lift the tail, and Rattrap transforms... all by himself!), and his handgun is contained inside his beast mode in two parts. He's actually smaller than I was expecting in robot mode, despite being almost exactly the size I expected in rat mode. How strange.

The final bit of news is that there has finally been an announcement about Auto Assembley 2008. First and foremost, there will be one! In August! In the same place as last year's! Hurrah the third.

Now I must pack for the weekend. But once more, hurrah!

No comments: